- Renovation works and Household water supply from Overhead Tanks (OHT) works has commenced at rapid pace in villages of Panagudi, Gopurajapuram under the CPCL, CSR Initiative.
- Third Party Quality Assurance Services for Permanent Building Construction and Hostel buildings of Phase 1B at IIT Jammu has been commenced. Due to large scale of the Project, an inhouse App – Q SCAN has adopted for real time reporting of Non Conformities in this project.
- Field Investigations and Sample collection for conducting CBR & BBD Tests for Widening and Improvements of Roads in Thiruvallur district under SH Thiruvallur (C&M) Division have been completed.
- Expert team members from CUBE along with IIT Madras faculty have carried out the initial site visit for construction of new reservoir across Palar River in Perambulur District.
Buildings & Construction
- CUBE in association with IBI Group, Canada has been selected for the Mega Streets project of the GCC for one the six packages intended to improve the roads in various parts of Chennai.
- Meeting with all Stakeholders for Nellaiappar Temple conservation project final recommendations has been successfully conducted. TNHR&CE, TVS Group, IITM Faculty participated.
- CRC has launched its first project - Chennai Urban Horticulture Initiative (CHUI) on implementing rooftop gardens in three Corporation schools of Chennai as a model benchmarking project. This will be scaled up in phase 2 to nearly 200 schools and several apartment complexes. The project is expected to result in lowering the urban heat impact, helping with food security & nutrition & improved storm water retention. CUBE is in discussions with Greater Chennai Corporation & Tamil Nadu Horticulture Development Agency for signing the MoU soliciting their support & facilitation for the CHUI project.
- CUBE has institutionalized the Chennai Resilience Centre as one of its divisions in association with Atlantic Council's Adrienne Arsht Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Centre, USA
Urban Planning & Transportation